September 13, 2009 is New York Harbor Day, one of the culminating events of NY400 Week (September 8–13), a celebration of NYC’s revitalized waterfront and continued friendship with the Dutch. Bike and Roll New York is proud to be a Harbor Day sponsor, offering free rental bikes throughout the day at six major waterfront sites. So please join us – grab a bike, take a ride, and enjoy the gorgeous New York Harborway.
DETAILS & RULES FOR COMPLEMENTARY BIKE RIDES
- Bikes will be available for pick-up from 10:00am to 5:30pm. All equipment must be returned by 6:30pm.
- Complementary rides are for 90 minutes – riders keeping bikes longer than 90 minutes will be charged at an hourly rate.
- A credit card authorization and a valid ID verification are required in order to rent equipment. Equipment that will be returned to the location from which it was originally taken can be rented using a valid ID only. Valid forms of identification include US state-issued drivers licenses and passports.
- All particaipants are required to "check out" when returning a bike. Failure to do so may lead to the participant being responsible for the full replacement cost of the bicycle.
- Full Service locations allow bikers to pick up and drop off equipment.
- Bikes on Governors Island and Staten Island are not to leave their respective islands and must be returned at same location where they were picked up. These locations will not be accepting drop-off bikes from other locations.
- The Battery Maritime Building location is drop-off only. This allows you to pick up a bike at a Full Service location, ride to the Battery Maritime Building, return the bike, and then take a ferry to one of the islands and pick up another complementary bike upon arrival.
Questions about Harbor Day? Call 212-260-0400